Lightweight Battery for Mission-Critical Applications
EaglePicher's lithium oxyhalide battery is capable of providing high currents for short times in a small package. The reserve version has multiple voltage sections, making this battery practical for uses that require long storage and 5 to 20 minutes of high power once. Lithium oxyhalide reserve batteries are custom-built by EaglePicher for each application. They are not rechargeable.
Our lithium oxyhalide batteries are comprised of thin electrode technology for high-energy utilization and low electrical impedance to deliver an efficient electrolyte system. This technology quickly absorbs electrolytes while withstanding the fluid dynamics of a rapid activation.
Lithium oxyhalide battery chemistry is used in many applications, including:
About Lithium Oxyhalide Batteries
This battery chemistry offers high-power capability and a long activated life. Lithium oxyhalide batteries are remotely activated.
- Reduction in battery weight
- High energy output greater than 250 Wh/kg
- Consistent power at temperatures colder than -32˚C
- Long shelf life (20+ years)
- Low operating temperatures for use near heat-sensitive electronics
- Improved safety and voltage delay characteristics
- Fast rise times