EaglePicher's Scholarship Program provides children/dependents of team members the opportunity to be rewarded for continuing their education. The Scholarship Program is awarded to recent high school graduates planning further education and for current students enrolled in an accredited university, college or vocational-technical school program.
In keeping with our mission and values, EaglePicher is honored to offer these academic scholarships to eligible children of team members. The future success of our company relies heavily on our educational system and its accessibility to students. We are proud of this program and helping students achieve their goal of furthering their education.
The Scholarship Program application period is June 10 to July 12 of the given year. The scholarship will be payable for the fall and spring semesters only; summer classes are excluded. Candidates must complete the application process and comply with all eligibility rules outlined herein to be considered for a scholarship.
As of the application deadline, applicants of the EaglePicher Scholarship program must be:
- Dependent children (as defined under our benefits plan) of full-time, active EaglePicher employees with at least six months of continuous service
- High school students* who have already graduated, are graduating in the application year, plan to enroll, or students already enrolled in a full-time undergraduate (12 hours) or graduate (6 hours) course of study at an accredited university, college or vocational-technical school
- High school seniors must have and maintain an overall 3.0 GPA and college students must have and maintain a 3.0 cumulative GPA
Scholarship forms must be complete and received by July 12 of the given year. All questions must be answered in their entirety. If the question is not applicable, a response of “N/A” is appropriate. Incomplete forms will be disqualified. All applications must be submitted through the online application form by July 12. In person deliveries are unacceptable.
*Home schooled students do not qualify for this program
Recipients will receive confirmation prior to August 1. Eligible scholarship recipients will receive equal portions of the allotted pool budgeted for the specific plan year. In order to remain eligible, students must reapply each year and are only eligible for eight semesters of scholarship payments. All taxes associated with the receipt of an award are the responsibility of the student/employee.
Awards are granted without regard to race, religion, gender,or disability.
Applicants must submit the following:
- Completed application form
- Letter of acceptance from an accredited university, college or vocational-technical school
- Proof of full-time enrollment (12 hours for undergraduate, 6 hours for graduate courses)
- Proof of current GPA must be a high school or college transcript that contains the following information:
- Student’s full name (must match application)
- Name of school
PLEASE NOTE: The application form must be completed in its entirety. If there is something that does not apply, please mark it with "N/A." Applications that are not completed timely or entirely will be disqualified.
Upon submission of your application, you will receive a confirmation email from Human Resources. If you do not receive a confirmation email within 48 hours, your application may not be successfully completed. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Payment of Scholarship
EaglePicher will make two payments directly to the schools as follows: first half of the total amount before the fall semester, second half of the total amount before the spring semester.
The payment of the second half is contingent upon successfully submitting confirmation of continued enrollment and fall semester’s GPA prior to the beginning of the spring semester.
Failure to Comply with the Program Requirements
If you do not maintain the required 3.0 cumulative GPA or the minimum number of hours designated for eligibility, you could be required to: repay the awarded amount back to EaglePicher, repay a pro-rated portion for dropped classes and/or forfeit future eligibility in the Scholarship Program.
EaglePicher has the right to review and make changes to the program at any time including termination of the program.