Welcome to EaglePicher Lithiumstart
EaglePicher acquired Lithiumstart Inc. in 2017, in a move that further solidified EaglePicher’s position as a global leader in integrated mission-critical energy storage systems. Lithiumstart’s proven lithium ion battery management, safety and power conversion technology complements EaglePicher’s broad suite of products while providing additional capabilities to deliver fully integrated Li-Ion systems.
What We Do
EaglePicher Lithiumstart provides agile rapid prototyping and proven turnkey solutions for lithium ion battery management, pack integration, safety and power conversion technology. Lithiumstart serves as EaglePicher’s R&D Electronics Center of Excellence (COE), and its highly complementary technologies are used across EaglePicher's broad suite of existing products, providing additional capabilities and customer value add.
As a turnkey integrator, we source the best cells from around the world and package them in enclosures with management electronics. No project is too small or too large for Lithiumstart — we build energy storage systems that range in size from two cells up to tens of thousands of cells.
Where We Work
The Lithiumstart Division is located in the San Francisco Bay Area of Northern California. Its state-of-the-art R&D lab is designed for rapid prototyping, and houses a vast suite of tools and equipment. This ITAR-compliant lab is used for military and other sensitive customer programs, as well as for all internal R&D activity.
Our Key Capabilities
- High-speed robotic laser welding to allow high current capable copper and aluminum cell tab welding
- Metalworking capabilities including high-power TIG, YAG laser, resistance and pulse arc welding, as well as cutting, milling and turning
- On-site liquids storage facility for diesel, gasoline, propane, bottled gases and compressed air
- High-capacity chiller/water cooling system for lasers, load testers/dynamometers and motors
- On-site fast-turn PCB capability including PnP, electronics inventory stores, silk-screening stations and reflow ovens
- Dedicated high-speed CAD workstations for design and simulation including solid modeling/analysis/rendering, schematic capture/PCB layout and MATLAB
- Extensive suite of specialized electronics, automotive and battery diagnostic equipment